The best flats for women
- It's surprisingly hard to find comfortable flats that actually look good with most outfits, but the Everlane Day Glove flats are the answer.
- They won't give you blisters or create an awkward leg line when you wear dresses - what more could you want?
One of the most cliché but true pieces of fashion advice that every woman comes across at one point or another is this: Buy at least one good pair of flats. Heels are great and all, but flats are the shoes that you can really live your life in. They don't hold you back - unless they give you massive blisters, of course.
To use another cliché, comfort is key here. Otherwise, what's the point? Just wear those heeled booties that everyone pretends are comfortable but actually make your back ache by midday. Your flats should be cozy enough to wear morning and night, cute enough to elevate a basic outfit, but simple enough to go with most of the items in your closet.
But for shoes that profess to be comfortable, flats have given me some of the worst foot pain of my life. Even the pointiest stilettos can't hurt me the way a stiff pair of leather ballet flats can. We've rounded up four pairs of flats with the best reviews to help you break the cycle of hope and bleeding ankles that so often comes with shopping for the perfect pair of everyday shoes.
Here are the best ballet flats for women:
- Best flats overall: Everlane Day Glove
- Best travel-friendly flat: Allbirds Tree Breezer
- Best sustainable flat: Rothy's Flat
- Best flats for wide feet: Margaux Demi
- Best luxury flats: M. Gemi Stellato Sacchetto
- Best ballet flats: Sam Edelman 'Felicia' Flat
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.