The best grilling gloves you can buy
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- High-quality BBQ gloves not only protect your hands from hot coals and other heat sources when you're grilling, but they also give you enough dexterity to handle tongs and knives.
- The Steven Raichlen Extra Long Suede Grill Gloves are our top pick because they are affordable, cover your arms up to the elbow, and are designed to last.
With our top pick costing less than $20, gloves are an affordable and important part of any home chef's grilling repertoire. Grill gloves are made of many different materials, and there is no one material that is across-the-board better than the others. It depends on the situation.
We would recommend purchasing a pair of all-silicone gloves if you plan on handling juicy meats directly or if you need protection from scalding liquids. Yet, Nomex or Kevlar with silicone grip is better for moving hot coals, grill grates, and other dry, hot items. Leather also works well for dry objects. Since grill gloves are relatively inexpensive, frequent grillers might want to consider purchasing separate pairs for dry and wet use.Before we get into the meat of our guide, we wanted to note that grill gloves are generally sold in sets of two: one left-handed glove and one right-handed glove. All of the gloves in our guide are sold this way, but if you decide to shop elsewhere, make sure the prices you are looking at are for two gloves and not one since some brands like to list a single-glove price to make it appear as if they are a good budget pick.
While researching the best grill gloves, we examined hundreds of buyer and expert reviews and ratings of countless models. The gloves featured in this guide have a track record of durability, protect your hands from high temperatures and burning debris, and they offer excellent dexterity.
Here are our picks for the best BBQ grilling gloves you can buy in 2019:
- Best overall: Steven Raichlen Extra Long Suede Grill Gloves
- Best for extreme heats: Grill Armor 932°F Extreme Heat Resistant Oven Gloves
- Best for handling hot coals: Grill Beast BBQ Grilling Cooking Gloves
- Best affordable grill gloves: US Forge 400 Welding Gloves
- Best waterproof grill gloves: Ekogrips BBQ Oven Gloves
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Advertisement