The best lip balm you can buy
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- So many lip balms rely on the placebo effect - they feel nice, but don't actually do much for your mouth.
- Burt's Bees Lip Balm is the best lip balm we've tried because it uses beeswax and fruit extract to heal and hydrate chapped lips - all for less than the price of your morning latte.
I am a card-carrying (tube-carrying?) lip balm addict. There are two to five tubes of the stuff floating at the bottom of my purse and in various drawers throughout my house at all times. I've got daytime balms, nighttime balms, at-home balms, under-lipstick balms - a balm for any occasion, really.In case you haven't guessed, I will put literally anything that bills itself as a lip balm on my mouth at least once. All that trial-and-error has made me something of a self-professed lip balm expert. I apply various balms anywhere from six to 10 times per day, so I think I know a thing or two about which ones really work.
In my opinion, there are two different kinds of lip balms that are worth using: The ones that create a seal over your lips to lock in moisture and protect further flaking, and the ones that actually heal the cracks that you already have. The good news for your chapped lips? I have plenty of recommendations for you.
Here are the best lip balms you can buy in 2019:
- Best lip balm overall: Burt's Bees Lip Balm
- Best overnight lip balm: Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
- Best daytime lip balm: Glossier Balm Dotcom
- Best demi-matte lip balm: Mario Badescu Rose Lip Balm
- Best unscented lip balm: Aquaphor Lip Repair
Updated on 5/7/2019 by Jada Wong: Updated prices and added Mario Badescu Rose Lip Balm.
Keep scrolling to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.