The best makeup bags you can buy
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Makeup bags might seem unnecessary, but they're actually vital in keeping all your liners and lipsticks from spilling out of your regular tote bag or purse.
- We've looked at and tested out a ton to find the very best ones for you.
- The Eagle Creek Pack-It Cube Set comes with four pouches so you get a separate makeup bag for different items or events, like your daily commute or a weeklong vacation.
Full disclosure: I have a stash of pink Glossier pouches that double as makeup bags.While it suits me and looks freaking adorable when I travel, the bags don't hold up to a ton of repeated use - the zippers break, the plastic rips across the seams. I'm a major Glossier stan and so the pile is constantly replenishing itself, but still. It's time for a more permanent solution.
Whether you carry makeup in your purse for touch-ups, travel often, or just have separation anxiety when it comes to products like I do, you need a solid makeup bag (or, like, five). If you already have a few lying around and you're simply not reaching for them, you're probably ready for an upgrade.
As with all important purchases, you want to think long and hard about you really need. Will your makeup bag be used for daily staples or is this more of a carry-on luggage type of thing? Once you figure it out, read on for the Internet's top five makeup bag picks.
Here are the best makeup bags you can buy:
- Best makeup bag overall: Eagle Creek Pack-It Cube Set
- Best leather makeup bag: Cuyana Leather Travel Case Set
- Best affordable makeup bag: Sonia Kashuk Weekender Makeup Bag
- Best waterproof makeup bag: Chiceco Large Makeup Bag
- Best neoprene makeup bag: Dagne Dover Hunter Toiletry Bag
Updated 7/12/19 by Jada Wong: Updated copy, formatting, prices, and links.
Keep reading below to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.