The best makeup sponges you can buy
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Whether you're serving up high-def contouring for the 'gram or just trying to look amazing on the daily, a good makeup sponge can help.
- There are a ton of different ones out there, and at different price points too.
- But the original Beauty Blender is our top pick for the best makeup sponge because it delivers a flawless finish. At $20, it's pricey but definitely a worthwhile investment.
Makeup sponges can generally be used dry or wet for applying and blending liquid or cream makeup. You can also apply base makeup with fingers or a brush and then go over it with a moist sponge to create an airbrush-like finish that you just can't achieve any other way.
From dabbing on some sheer BB cream or foundation to blending a hardcore, full-coverage contoured look, nobody relies on the dinky little sponge pads that comes with your makeup anymore. Instead, a wide variety of specialized sponges has flooded the market, with a price range that's just as wide.So how can you tell which ones are worth the money or are a low-budget steal, and which ones you should leave on the shelves? I read countless online reviews from makeup mavens and tested ten sponges myself at a variety of price points to find out which are keepers.
Here are the best makeup sponges you can buy in 2019:
- Best makeup sponge overall: Original BeautyBlender
- Best budget makeup sponge: Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
- Best silicone makeup blender: Nylea Silicone Makeup Sponge
- Best for makeup sponge for speed: The Makeup Bullet
- Best makeup sponge for switching between products: Fenty Beauty Precision Makeup Sponge
Updated on 6/4/2019 by Jada Wong: Updated copy, formatting, links, and prices.
Keep scrolling to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.