The best meal delivery services we've tried
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- If you just don't have time or energy to actually cook your own meals, you might like to try a meal delivery service that sends ready-to-eat meals to your door.
- Daily Harvest is the best meal delivery service we've tried with its fresh ingredients, healthy foods, and good prices.
View all Offers
Home Centre Emily 5 Seater Fabric Sectional Sofa Set (Brown)₹ 32960₹ 82400Buy On
- 13% OFF
Duroflex Back Magic - Doctor Recommended Orthopaedic High Density Coir, 5 Inch King Size Firm Mattress for Back Support and Posture Alignment (78 X 72 X 5 Inches)₹ 20469₹ 24970Buy On
- 31% OFF
Nilkamal Freedom Mini Medium Plastic Cabinet Brown , 2 Doors₹ 4699₹ 6500Buy On
Wipro Furniture Arena Wood;Engineering Wood Office Desk; Study Desk(Beech Finish,Beech)₹ 12499₹ 18200Buy On
- 21% OFF
Metallika London King Size Metal Bed (Glossy Finish, Black) By FurnitureKraft₹ 8499₹ 10959Buy On
Meal kit services are all well and good until you make your way to the stove. Because let's face it - even if you're being provided with ingredients, recipes, and step-by-step directions, a box full of pre-cut vegetables and pre-portioned proteins does not a great chef make.
While meal kits cut down on the amount of shopping and planning you have to do for dinner, they don't actually cut down on the amount of time you have to spend in front of your burners of your oven. And that, my friends, is why I present to you not meal kits, but delivered meals.
It is a subtle difference, you see, but a key one to be sure. Meal delivery services don't send you ingredients on ice - instead, they send you entire dinners or lunches or breakfasts on ice. And rest assured, this is not your mother's frozen TV dinner. The meal delivery services of 2019 are healthy, delicious, and surprisingly creative. So whether you're pressed for time, exhausted, or simply not a genius in the kitchen, these services may be your saving grace.
When picking your meal delivery service, you'll want to keep a few things in mind. First and foremost, what type of meals are you looking for? If you're a fan of smoothies for dinner, you may want to look to a different provider than if you tend to have your biggest meal at the end of the day.
Second, you'll want to keep any dietary restrictions in mind. Luckily, just like meal kit offerings, many meal delivery services can cater to a wide range of restrictions, whether that's vegan, paleo, or something in between.
Also think about exactly how much effort you're willing to put into making your meal. While some services will send you microwave-ready meals, others may require a spin in the blender, or perhaps some time in boiling water. Of course, all are easy, but some are admittedly easier than others.
Finally, price points should come into consideration. There can be a pretty wide range in price tags based on ingredients, dietary restrictions, and the like, so if you're looking to save calories and money, you'll want to choose carefully.
No matter which of our favorite meal delivery services you choose, we're sure you'll have many delicious meals to look forward to.
Here are the best meal delivery services we've tried:
- Best meal delivery service overall: Daily Harvest
- Best vegan meal delivery service: Veestro
- Best complete meal delivery service: Sakara Life
- Best meal-in-a-box delivery service: Banza Mac and Cheese
- Best meal kit-adjacent meal delivery service: Hungryroot
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The best meal delivery service overall
The best vegan meal delivery service
The best complete meal delivery service
The best meal-in-a-box delivery service
The best meal kit delivery service
- Ethereum may not have too long to get its high gas fee issue in check, according to JPMorgan
- Terra's LUNA token continues to hold its own even in a crypto bear market — here's why
- SEBI is hiring young graduate professionals for a monthly stipend of ₹60,000, last date is January 25
- HUL spent Rs 1,193 crore on advertising between October and December 2021
- Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant and Ravichandran Ashwin included in ICC Men's Test team of the Year 2021