The best men's waterproof shoes you can buy
- Whether you live in a region that has long rainy seasons or the occasional storm, waterproof shoes can really come in handy.
- Since most people aren't looking to wear tall rubber rain boots all day, we rounded up six stylish alternatives.
- Our top picks include shoes from Vessi, SeaVees, Columbia, L.L. Bean, On Running, and SWIMS.
If there's a fate worse than braving the day with wet shoes (and wet socks), I don't want to know about it. No matter how comfortable and dry the rest of me is, I simply can't abide by wet feet. Between the clamminess and the added weight of water-logged shoes, there's no worse feeling - and if it's cold outside, you can forget about your feet drying.
Whether you live in a region that has long rainy seasons or the occasional storm, waterproof shoes can really come in handy. As it turns out, there are, in fact, plenty of shoes made for the wettest of days that are not, strictly speaking, rain boots.
It may seem like an obvious consideration, but you'll want to remember that boat shoes that can get wet are not the same things as water shoes that are meant to get wet. You'll also likely want a pair of shoes that are quite light. Given that waterlogged shoes tend to weigh considerably more than their dry counterparts, the lighter the original shoe, the better.Of course, you'll also want to consider the type of activity you plan to be doing in your shoes. While some waterproof shoes are made specifically for running, others are better for casual strolls or outdoor adventures.
Similarly, it'll be crucial to keep your own aesthetic preferences in mind. Whether you're more interested in the boot or sneaker look, you'll likely be able to find something that suits your style in our list.
Regardless of which of our favorite waterproof shoes for men you choose, we're confident you'll stay dry and comfortable in the styles listed below.
Here are the best waterproof shoes for men you can buy:
- The best waterproof sneakers: Vessi CityScape
- The best waterproof high-tops: SeaVees Mariners Boot
- The best waterproof hiking shoes: Columbia SH/FT OutDry Mid
- The best waterproof boot: L.L. Bean Original 8-Inch Bean Boots
- The best waterproof running shoes: On Running Cloudventure
- The best rain loafers: SWIMS Breeze Wave Boat
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.