The best nail clippers you can buy
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- All nail clippers are not created equal. Sometimes it's worth spending a little more to get that perfect blend of sharpness, comfort, and durability.
- The Green Bell G-1008 Nail Clippers are made of stainless steel to expertly shape even the hardest, thickest nails.
I don't think I've ever intentionally gone shopping for nail clippers, I've always simply acquired them. It's like they've kept appearing in my bathroom cabinets by sheer chance. And, to be quite honest, before I started researching the best ones money can buy, I never thought there was much notable difference between nail clipper models. I didn't even know there were "models!"But it turns out that all nail clippers are not created equal. If you're tired of hacking your fingernails off so that they grow back at weird angles, it might be time for an upgrade. The good news? Even the most refined, elegant nail clippers won't totally break the bank. In fact, you can pick up a great pair of clippers for only a few dollars more than their inferior brethren.
When browsing, pay attention to the material (stainless steel is usually a solid bet), the shapes of the blade and the handle, and any additional features you might find useful, like a nail file or a compartment for catching clippings so they don't end up all over your bathroom floor, where you will forget about them until they embed themselves in your heel like a gross splinter.
Here are the best nail clippers you can buy:
- Best nail clippers overall: Green Bell G-1008 Nail Clippers
- Best nail clippers for travelers: FIXBODY Nail Clipper Set
- Best child-friendly nail clippers: Safety 1st Sleepy Baby Nail Clippers
- Best multi-use nail clippers: Nail Clippers for Fingernails by Clyppi
- Best ergonomic nail clippers: Seki Edge SS-101 Deluxe Fingernail Clippers
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.