The best niacinamide serums you can buy
- Niacinamide, or vitamin B3, is a great skin-care multitasker - it can help neutralize redness, soothe breakouts, lighten up hyperpigmentation, smooth fine lines, and more.
- We love SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3 because it contains a powerful and hydrating cocktail of niacinamide, amino acids, and peptides but still feels lightweight on skin.
Niacinamide (or the artist formerly known as vitamin B3) is a do-it-all ingredient that helps a variety of skin types. Rosacea-prone? Niacinamide can help soothe red patches. Breaking out? Niacinamide can help fight acne. Worried about fine lines? Niacinamide can help minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
While no skin-care ingredient is right for everyone, I personally find niacinamide to be extremely effective and gentle enough for my fairly reactive skin. Before you dive in head-first, perform a patch test on a small, non-visible area, or see your dermatologist.
Niacinamide can be found in a ton of products like moisturizers and makeup primers. But the simplest, most direct way to incorporate it into your routine is a serum. They usually contain higher concentrations of active ingredients than other types of products, and can be rotated in and out of your routine depending on your skin's current needs.
There are fantastic options to be found at every price point from department store to drugstore, but the one that's right for your skin will depend on your budget, individual skin type, concerns, and preferences.
The best niacinamide serums you can buy:
- Best niacinamide serum overall: SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3
- Best budget niacinamide serum: The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
- Best niacinamide booster: Paula's Choice 10% Niacinamide Booster
- Best niacinamide serum for sensitive skin: Glossier Super Pure
- Best niacinamide serum for dry skin: InstaNatural Niacinamide Serum
Keep reading for more details about our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
The best niacinamide serum overall
The best budget niacinamide serum
The best niacinamide booster
The best niacinamide serum for sensitive skin
The best niacinamide serum for dry skin
What else we considered:
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- After Germany enters recession, fears in Singapore of 'technical recession'
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G review: A Mid-range marvel
- 10 ways to reduce your home loan EMI burden
- Global trends, macroeconomic data to drive equity markets this week: Analysts
- New Parliament building inauguration: 'Sarva-Dharma Prarthana' ceremony held
- List of Famous things to buy in Coorg