The best online styling services for women - from Stitch Fix to Trunk Club
- If you hate shopping or have trouble finding clothing that fits your body, personal style, and budget, you might want to try an online styling service.
- It combines algorithms with real human stylists to help you find clothing you'll love. In the end, it's more convenient and could be more cost-effective than shopping in person or online by yourself.
- Stitch Fix is the best online personal styling service for most people because of its large inventory of brands and sizes, and its user-friendly experience. Its clothing options cater to a variety of styles, fit well, and are reasonably priced.
If I told you 10 years ago that I had a personal stylist, you might think, "Who has the time and money to do that?"
Today, you'd know that my personal stylist is a woman I've likely only ever met online. She sends me clothing pieces that fit my style and budget, and I try all of them on in my own home.Online personal styling services bring a previously inaccessible experience to the mainstream through the use of algorithms, human stylists, and a streamlined shipping process. They're popular because they save time and are pretty accurate when it comes to understanding your clothing style and fit. Advertisement
The services generally have the following design:
When you sign up, you fill out a Style Profile that serves as a summary of all your clothing sizes and style preferences (you can change your answers at any time).Then, you receive a box of anywhere from five to 12 pieces and have a set amount of time to try them on and figure out whether you'd like to keep them.
While all the services below charge "styling fees" of $20-$40, these fees are waived if you ultimately buy something from your box.It's just as easy to return the pieces you don't want. Your box should contain a bag and free return shipping label, so you can simply drop off your return at your post office or local shipping center. In the end, using an online personal styling service is a more convenient way to shop for all types of clothing, from activewear to workwear. Since you're working with a dedicated stylist who understands what you're looking for, you'll also have a better chance of finding something that you'll actually like and wear often. If you hate shopping for clothing for yourself, an online personal styling service is something worth trying. Advertisement
Here are the best online personal styling services to try:
- Best online styling service overall: Stitch Fix
- Best premium styling service: Dailylook
- Best styling service for customer service and rewards: Trunk Club
- Best styling service for quality basics: Frank and Oak
- Best plus-size styling service: Dia & Co.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.