The best pizza cutters you can buy
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- High-quality pizza cutters come with a sharp blade that stays sharp, have comfortable non-slip grips, and are simple to clean.
- The OXO Good Grips Easy to Clean Pizza Wheel and Cutter is our top pick because it comes apart for effortless cleaning by hand or in the dishwasher, has a safety cover to protect your fingers, and is backed by OXO's satisfaction guarantee.
The two main types of pizza cutters are wheels and rockers. Pizza wheels are what you commonly find in most American homes. They usually consist of a sharp blade wheel that is attached to a long handle. However, direct-grip pizza wheels are becoming more popular. They don't have the long handle. Instead, the wheel has a cover that you grip it by. This can give some users more leverage than the long-handled wheel, but it's also harder to see where you are cutting since the cover and your hand may obstruct your vision. A direct-grip wheel tops our list.
Also called a mezzaluna, which is Italian for "half moon," rocker cutters are what you typically find in a commercial kitchen. These have a long, curved blade that you "rock" across the pizza to cut it in half. Rockers are efficient, easy to clean, and toppings are less likely to stick to the blade and end up where you don't want them. Yet, since the blades are generally 14 inches or longer, rockers tend to take up a lot of drawer space.Scissor-style and pie server-shaped cutters are less common but growing in popularity. We didn't include any of these in our guide because they require you to make a series of shorter cuts in order to slice your pizza, and we found this to be inefficient compared to wheels and rockers.
Many pizza cutters advertise that they are dishwasher safe. However, like other cutlery, we strongly recommend washing your pizza cutter by hand. This is because the banging around during the wash cycle can dull the knife and dishwasher detergent is incredibly abrasive.While researching the best pizza cutters, we read through hundreds of expert and buyer reviews and ratings of dozens of models. Our guide features cutters that seamlessly cut through several types of pizza, are durable, and clean up easily.
Here are the best pizza cutters you can buy:
- Best pizza cutter overall: OXO Good Grips Easy to Clean Pizza Wheel and Cutter
- Best novelty pizza cutter: ThinkGeek Star Trek Enterprise Pizza Cutter
- Best rocker-style pizza cutter: Checkered Chef Pizza Cutter
- Best easy-to-clean pizza cutter: OXO Good Grips 4-Inch Pizza Wheel
- Best high-end pizza cutter: Rösle Stainless Steel Ergonomic Pizza Wheel
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.Advertisement
The best pizza cutter overall
The best novelty pizza cutterAdvertisement
The best rocker-style pizza cutter
The best easy-to-clean pizza cutterAdvertisement
The best high-end pizza cutter
- Indian lenders like SBI, Axis Bank and others need $20 billion in capital— most of it will go into filling up NPA holes
- NASA, SpaceX postpone historic astronauts launch (2nd Ld)
- NASA, SpaceX postpone historic astronauts launch
- 5 persons test positive for COVID-19 in Manipur, total rises to 44
- 32 people test positive for COVID-19 in Jharkhand, total now 458