The best portable monitors you can buy
- Portable monitors give you a bigger screen that you can bring with you on the go so you're not stuck doing important tasks on a small screen.
- The GeChic 1503H portable monitor is our top pick because it provides a decent viewing experience without adding much girth to your travel bag.
We have smartphones, tablets, laptops, Chromebooks, and even smart glasses with screens attached to them. There's no shortage of devices with displays in our society, and yet there's still the odd situation where you might need an extra one to stay productive or dive into your games when you're on the go.
Portable monitors offer an acceptable middle ground to fill those needs. They work just like regular monitors, but they're made to be portable.
These monitors come in a variety of sizes and target many types of users. There's a portable monitor for gamers, movie watchers, productivity buffs, and even those who just need it for the occasional second screen experience.The best part is that these monitors don't have to wreck your pocketbooks. In fact, we've highlighted an option that falls just shy of the $100 marker.
Here are the best portable monitors you can buy in 2019:
- Best portable monitor overall: GeChic 1503H
- Best budget portable monitor: AOC E1659
- Best portable monitor for 4K HDR: G-STORY UHD Monitor
- Best portable monitor for travel: GeChic 1305H
- Best portable monitor for gaming: G-STORY GS173H
Keep scrolling to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.