The best programmable coffee makers you can buy
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Programmable coffee makers remain popular since they can be programmed to brew your coffee in advance.
- The best model overall, Cuisinart's Coffee Plus 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, takes it a step further with a built-in hot water dispenser for making breakfast at the same time your coffee is brewing.
As with other variants of coffee machines, programmable coffee makers fit all types of budgets and coffee drinkers. You can start with a bare-bones model that lets you program a basic cup, or splurge on a pricier machine that lets you make specialty drinks.
Most programmable coffee makers have some sort of display, the most common being an LCD screen. There are generally buttons or dials that let you select the time you wish to program. Many machines also let you choose the desired strength and amount. Many programmable coffee makers on this list can brew up to 12 cups, although some have a capacity of 10 cups or less. You can choose to brew single servings as well.Aside from programmability, size, and price, certain features can help make the decision easier. If flavor is crucial, you'll want to consider the brewing temperature. In general, coffee makers that reach a range of 195 to 205 degrees Fahrenheit deliver the most precise results. Some machines come with a warming plate to keep your beverages hot after brewing, which is particularly helpful if you're not going to be drinking your coffee right away, or you want the remaining coffee to stay warm.
Impurities in the water, such as chlorine, could also impact taste of the coffee; machines with carbon block filters work particularly well. However, they generally don't make a noticeable difference if your water tastes good to begin with.
Here are the best programmable coffee makers you can buy:
- Best programmable coffee maker overall: Cuisinart Coffee Plus 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker (CHW-12)
- Best value programmable coffee maker: Mr. Coffee Optimal Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker (BVMC-PSTX95)
- Best programmable coffee maker with grinder: Krups Grind and Brew 10-Cup Coffee Maker (KM785D50)
- Best budget programmable coffee maker: Black & Decker Programmable Coffee Maker
- Best programmable coffee maker for specialty drinks: Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
The best programmable coffee maker overall
The best value programmable coffee makerAdvertisement
The best grind and brew coffee maker
The best budget programmable coffee makerAdvertisement
The best programmable coffee maker for specialty drinks
- Buy the best table runners
- HM commanders channelised drug smuggling money in J&K to support terror activities: NIA
- What is gender lens investing? Sangita Reddy, Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Nandini Piramal, and Vani Kola share their thoughts
- Luxury icons Sabyasachi and Oberoi open up about their 'perfectionist quirks' like checking the color of egg yolks and slashing clothes so they can’t hit the edit table
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi warns against complacency in the fight against COVID-19