The best rice cookers you can buy
- A high-quality rice cooker is simple to use, does an excellent job of producing several styles of delicious rice, and cleans up effortlessly when you're done.
- The Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker is our top pick because it doesn't take up too much counter space and uses fuzzy logic to create outstanding rice.
As a regular maker of sushi, I can tell you that cooking rice perfectly is an art. You must pick your rice carefully, rinse it several times, and ensure there is an airtight seal as it simmers. World-class sushi restaurants use a pot on a stove to craft their rice. Of course, most of us are not world-class sushi chefs. We want an easy way to create well-textured rice as a side dish. This is where rice cookers reign supreme.
If you eat rice regularly, a rice cooker is an effortless way to get your daily dose of starchy goodness. With most devices, you just measure out the rice, pour in water to the appropriate line, press a couple of buttons, and wait for the machine to let you know your rice is ready. Basically, set it and forget it. Even if you are a seasoned pro when it comes to cooking rice on the stove, a rice cooker is indispensable when you want to free up burners or if you simply don't have a range available.It's also worth noting that the measuring cups that come with rice cookers typically are smaller than a standard eight-ounce cup. Instead, they are about six ounces in volume. This is important to keep in mind when measuring out rice as you put it in your cooker. If you use a standard cup, you are likely to end up with tough, undercooked rice.
While researching the best rice cookers, we looked at hundreds of ratings and reviews of countless cookers from both buyers and experts. The rice cookers included in our guide are durable, have several intuitive functions, and can be used for a wide variety of rice.
Here are the best rice cookers for 2019:
- Best overall: Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker
- Best multipurpose rice cooker: Aroma Housewares Digital Rice Cooker
- Best rice cooker for GABA rice: Cuckoo Electric Heating Rice Cooker
- Best rice cooker on a budget: Oster 6-Cup Cooked Rice Cooker
- Best rice cooker for people in a hurry: Hamilton Beach Rice & Hot Cereal Cooker
Updated on 07/19/2019 by Les Shu: Updated prices, links, and formatting.
Read on to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.