The best robot vacuums you can buy
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- Vacuuming is a real pain, but robot vacuum cleaners can suck up the dust for you.
- Of all the robot vacuum cleaners we tried, the iRobot Roomba 690 proved to be the best for most people with its easy-to-use app, smart features, great suction, and affordable price.
Nobody likes household chores, but they have to be done. Unfortunately, we don't live like the Jetsons yet, but you can get capable robot vacuum cleaners to take care of the dust and dirt for you. Robot vacuums can't completely replace manual cleaning, but they can help cut down on the amount of time you spend waging war on dust bunnies.Robot vacuums work best in smaller homes and normal-sized apartments between 800 and 1,200 square feet. They handle hard floors and short carpets best, though they can get stuck now and then. Robot vacuums need a good motor for powerful suction, decent battery life, a brush roll, and enough smarts to be self-sufficient. Many robot vacuums work with apps on your phone and some will even run when you tell them to with voice commands if you have Amazon's Alexa at home.
You can get robot vacuums for as little as $220, but the high-end models run up to $1,000 or more. We tested out a number of highly reviewed robot vacuums that run the gamut from $220 to $1,100. We also included a $170 robot mop and duster in our guide because it's a great vacuum alternative for basic cleaning.
Here are the best robot vacuums you can buy:
- Best robot vacuum overall: iRobot Roomba 690
- Best robot vacuum under $250: Eufy RoboVac 11S
- Best robot vacuum for $350: Ecovacs Deebot 711
- Best robot vacuum under $600: iRobot Roomba 960
- Best self-cleaning robot vacuum: iRobot Roomba i7+
- Best self-navigating vacuum: Electrolux Pure i9
- Best robotic mop: iRobot Braava Jet 240 Robot Mop
Updated on 01/16/2019 by James Brains and Lulu Chang: Based on testing, we added the iRobot Roomba i7+ as the best self-cleaning robovac and the Ecovacs Deebot 711 as a great option for $350. Also updated prices and formatting.
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.