The best webcams you can buy for video conferencing or streaming
- If you need to join a videoconference or conduct a live-stream to Facebook or Twitch, you need a good computer webcam.
- Logitech's C920 has been a top pick in webcams since 2012.
- It has great image quality, a flexible stand, and comes in at a reasonable price.
Webcams aren't just for catching up with friends or dialing into a meeting anymore. Live streaming and personal video production have given the humble webcam new life. Webcams with 1080p resolution have been readily available since 2012, opening up the door for recordings that look a lot better than the built-in webcam on your laptop.
In this buying guide, we've rounded up the best webcams you can buy based on our testing, including the Logitech C920, Logitech C922x, Logitech 4K Brio, and Razer Kiyo. We also consulted a number of buying guides and first-hand reviews from experts and buyers alike to choose our picks.
A great webcam should work right out of the box, and any included software should provide added functionality. The camera should offer a sharp, clean image with accurate autofocus that doesn't jump around too much. It also helps to include a stand with flexible options. Image resolution used to be a bigger issue, but even the most budget-friendly webcams on our list support 720p at 30 frames per second, and the Brio pumps out a full 60 fps at 1080p.
Instead of reaching for higher resolutions, most modern webcams have added value with extra features. The Logitech Brio's depth-sensing technology lets you ditch clumsy backdrops and green screens to insert any digital background of your choosing, and facial recognition can unlock your computer the moment you sit down. The Kiyo's built-in lighting takes some of the labor out of streaming. If you do just need something simple for dialing into a meeting, the Logitech C615 and Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 will save you some cash without cutting corners.
Here are the best webcams you can buy in 2019:
- Best webcam overall: Logitech C920 webcam
- Best 4K webcam: Logitech Brio
- Best webcam for streaming: Razer Kiyo
- Best affordable webcam: Logitech C615
- Best 720p webcam: Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000
Read on to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The best webcam overall
The best for 4K
The best for streaming
The best budget webcam
The best for 720p
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max vs M1: Here’s what Apple improved with its new custom chips
- Best gaming mouse for battle royale games in India
- Best tablets for professional use in India
- Ethereum may offer the best returns, but investors have been pulling away over the last two weeks
- Google starts starts testing new safety section for apps, feature to go live in February 2022
- Horlicks and Boost maker HUL sees slowdown in food segment in the last three months
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons