The best women's loafers you can buy
- Loafers are a classic shoe style that can be paired with anything, from work trousers to floaty dresses and rompers.
- Our favorite is The Modern Loafer, an elegant, classic, slightly pointed style from the basics experts at Everlane.
Loafers are one of those rare quintessential shoe styles that can be worn with just about everything in your closet. Office-appropriate trousers? Check! Floral sundress? Check! Velour tracksuit? Well, maybe not, but you get the idea.
A bit more polished than regular flats, with a cool menswear spin, loafers add flair without distracting from the rest of your outfit. They're not boring, but they don't (usually) make a huge statement either, which means they're easy to style.
You'll want to get a lot of mileage out of your loafers, so they need to be comfortable to wear for long periods of time. It's worth spending a bit more money for a supple pair that won't give you those horrible back-of-the-heel blisters.Since many of the best loafers are priced below $200, we're not necessarily talking about a huge splurge, depending on your budget. The Modern Loafer, an elegant yet understated pair from Everlane that costs $168, is our favorite.
The best women's loafers you can buy in 2019:
- Best overall: Everlane The Modern Loafer
- Best affordable, designer-style loafers: Sam Edelman Loraine Loafer
- Best luxury loafers: Gucci Brixton Convertible Loafer
- Best loafers for walking: Everlane The Day Loafer
- Best suede loafers: M.Gemi Felize
Keep scrolling to read more about our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.