The Canadian dollar and Mexican peso are rallying on hopes of an early NAFTA deal
- The White House wants to reveal a preliminary NAFTA framework by mid-April.
- The loonie was up 0.91% versus the dollar Tuesday morning, and the peso advanced 0.25%.
- Follow currencies in real time here.
Canadian and Mexican currencies pared losses against the dollar Tuesday following news that President Donald Trump was pushing for a preliminary North American Free Trade Agreement deal to be ready as soon as mid-April.
Sources familiar with the talks said the White House wants to unveil an updated NAFTA agreement at an April 13 summit in Peru, Bloomberg reported on Monday, easing some anxiety about a potential US exit from the pact.
The loonie and peso traded lower versus the dollar on Monday as Trump linked NAFTA to immigration frustrations, centered around a group of about 1,200 migrants in search of asylum who are currently traveling toward the US border.
"The big Caravan of People from Honduras, now coming across Mexico and heading to our "Weak Laws" Border, had better be stopped before it gets there," Trump tweeted Tuesday morning. "Cash cow NAFTA is in play, as is foreign aid to Honduras and the countries that allow this to happen. Congress MUST ACT NOW!"
Tuesday marks the third straight day Trump has railed against the two-decade-old pact on Twitter, warning he'll move to scrap the deal if Mexico doesn't do more to to secure its border with the US. On Sunday, he threatened to "stop" the trillion-dollar pact if Mexico doesn't stop "big drug and people flows" into the US. The attacks continued into Monday, with Trump saying Mexico is "making a fortune on NAFTA."
- Richest entrepreneurs under 40 named in the IIFL Wealth Hurun list became more richer by 12% in last one year
- Time taken to deliver items & returns are the key pain points for e-comm consumers
- DGCI allows Serum Institute to export malaria vaccine to UK
- Upcoming cars launching in India in October 2022
- Gurgaon-based Indifi disbursed ₹2,800 crore worth of loans to small business owners
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Reliance Retail
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World