The CEO of Goldman Sachs launched a music label called Payback Records
- Goldman Sachs CEO David Solomon launched a music label last year called Payback Records, according to the company's website.
- The label was created in partnership with Big Beat/Atlantic Records in an effort to build "a socially conscious music business focused on one of America's most serious public health crises: the addiction epidemic."
- The proceeds from the label will be donated to nonprofit organizations working on the cause, according to Payback's website.
- Solomon's DJ endeavors have been well-documented and he's known by the stage name DJ D-Sol.
- Visit the Business Insider homepage for more stories.
Goldman Sachs CEO David Solomon is taking his music side-hustle a step further.Solomon launched a music label last year called Payback Records, in partnership with Big Beat/Atlantic Records, according to the company's website.Advertisement
The label's goal is to build a "a socially-conscious music business focused on one of America's most serious public health crises: the addiction epidemic," the website says.
"The addiction epidemic reaches all corners of society, killing close to 200 Americans every day," Solomon wrote on the website. "Payback Records is trying to do our small part in changing that."The proceeds from Payback will be donated to nonprofit organizations working on the cause.
Solomon has been widely known for musical pursuits outside of his day job of running one of Wall Street's most prominent banks. His stage name is DJ D-Sol and he's produced four tracks under the title.Solomon is currently the only artist listed on the label's website. Markets Insider is looking for a panel of millennial investors. If you're active in the markets, CLICK HERE to sign up.Advertisement
Get the latest Goldman Sachs stock price here.
- Former union minister Jaswant Singh passes away at 82
- Odisha man arrested for manufacturing fake Covid-19 vaccine
- J&J Covid vaccine produces strong immune response in early trials
- PM Modi at UNGA: 'How long will India be kept out of decision-making structures of UN'
- China says WHO gave support for Covid vaccine emergency use