The chance to have lunch with Apple CEO Tim Cook cost $515,000 this year
This year, the auction got hot towards the end, with multiple bids during the last 10 minutes, and a late extension of the bidding deadline, according to 9to5Mac. The auction ended on Thursday.
Ultimately, the price for lunch with Cook came out to $515,000 this year. That's a lot of money, but at least the cost of lunch is covered.
The winner will also get two "VIP passes" to an Apple keynote product launch.
The total is up from last year, although investors can't say the same about Apple's stock. Here are the historic prices for an hour of Cook's time:
The proceeds will go to the Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights group. Cook joined its board earlier this year.
As in previous years, the auctioneer, Charitybuzz, is keeping the winner's identity secret.
- Microsoft reveals attacks based on phishing-as-a-service operation: Here’s how to stay safe
- Blast in Bengaluru’s New Tharagupet area; two dead
- WhatsApp testing cashback in a bid to push payments in India
- Virat Kohli, Shikhar Dhawan, Suresh Raina and more — Indian players with most runs in IPL history
- Supreme Court to pronounce order next week on pleas seeking independent probe into Pegasus snooping row