The chance to have lunch with Apple CEO Tim Cook cost $515,000 this year
This year, the auction got hot towards the end, with multiple bids during the last 10 minutes, and a late extension of the bidding deadline, according to 9to5Mac. The auction ended on Thursday.
Ultimately, the price for lunch with Cook came out to $515,000 this year. That's a lot of money, but at least the cost of lunch is covered.
The winner will also get two "VIP passes" to an Apple keynote product launch.
The total is up from last year, although investors can't say the same about Apple's stock. Here are the historic prices for an hour of Cook's time:
The proceeds will go to the Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights group. Cook joined its board earlier this year.
As in previous years, the auctioneer, Charitybuzz, is keeping the winner's identity secret.
- Mehmet Oz says he was 'exhausted' when he filmed viral 'Wegner's' gaffe, adding it's not a big deal because 'I've gotten my kids' names wrong as well'
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Unacademy founder Gaurav Munjal says its job hiring platform will see no layoffs
- Markets to open slightly lower on US Fed signals of more rates hikes
- Hit and earn: Indian cricket fans can win as much as $500 a day playing cricket in the metaverse
- Syrma SGS Technology IPO: Last day to subscribe, grey market premiums at ₹25
- Indians are buying more pre-owned cars: Scorpio, Fortuner among the top picks