The Emerging Markets Are Getting Smoked By The 'Emerging Markets Of The Future'
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
With global growth remaining sluggish while interest rates rise, investors have been quick to pull their money out of these markets. Stocks, bonds and currencies have all struggled.However, many people have been missing the impressive resilience of the
"These so-called “emerging markets of the future” have enjoyed strong growth from low base effects, abundant natural and human resources, the availability of easy gains from market reforms and injections of technology into relatively low-wage economies," said Franklin Templeton's Mark Mobius in June. "Compared with more mature emerging markets, frontier markets are relatively under-researched, and we believe that this lack of familiarity could lead to undervaluation and pricing anomalies that we could seek to exploit through our extensive research resources."Check out this chart of the year-to-date performance's of the major global market indices. As you can see on the right, the Frontier Markets have actually generated positive returns this year.
- Best broadband plans in India in 2021 – JioFiber, Airtel Xstream Fiber and ACT Fibernet
- IPL 2021: Royal Challengers Bangalore have beaten Sunrisers Hyderabad 7 out of 18 times they played each other
- Publicis Groupe consolidates Data Science, Programmatic and Media Tech with Zenith and Starcom, under a common leadership
- Here are the 7 Indians who will be a part of Cannes Lions Jury this year
- CBSE Class 10 board exams cancelled, Class 12 exams postponed as COVID-19 cases surge