The explosion in billion-dollar tech unicorns really kicked off in March
It seems like 2015 was the year of billion-dollar private tech companies, or "unicorns." More than 40 new companies joined the club this year.
Goldman Sachs charted the number of unicorns that existed in every month since Jan. 14. There was a notable acceleration starting in March 2015. Until then, it took about seven months for 20 new unicorns to be created. Since then, it's taken only three to four months.
With the fed raising interest rates, though, the unicorn boom could finally be set to end.
- Dr Pepper forced to give $100K prize to BOTH contestants after boos erupt following odd tie-breaker at SEC championship halftime contest
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- ChatGPT is a new AI chatbot that can find mistakes in your code or write a story for you
- The science behind selling a dress to an Indian woman, according to the CEO of Latin Quarters
- All except three Indian sectoral indices have outperformed their US counterparts in 2022 so far
- Best bike helmet under ₹1000
- Best dinner set under ₹2000
- ‘Most valuable companies’ with least number of employees, as per the Hurun report