The Fabulous Life Of Evan Spiegel, CEO Of Billion-Dollar Startup Snapchat
Growing up, Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel led quite the privileged life.
He's even admitted to it.
"I am a young, white, educated male," he said at a conference. "I got really, really lucky. And life isn't fair."
Still, Spiegel and his cofounder Bobby Murphy have built one of the most popular apps for sharing photos and videos with friends in private.
Facebook had a failed attempt with Poke, which was in the same vein as Snapchat.
But Snapchat is still going strong.
Last month, the company added instant messages that vanish, as well as live video calls. Today, Snapchat has 30 million monthly active users. The company has raised $143 million and is valued at $2 billion.
- Ethos IPO: Understanding its business, profit, outlook, analysts view in 10 points
- Here are the top cryptos losers that have reported the highest decline in the last 7 days
- Google's YouTube Music for Wear OS to now let users stream content over Wi-Fi and LTE
- Airtel bumped its profits by $2 billion in FY2022 — understand its earnings in ten simple points
- All you need to know about PM Modi's 6G announcement