The Fraternity Lobby Is Fighting Efforts To Stop Hazing On College Campuses
fought against various pieces of legislation that attempted to address hazing and sexual assault on campuses, according to an article by
The article, which goes through several tragic stories of hazing-related deaths and the ensuing efforts to mitigate the practice, is worth a read in its entirety. But the most shocking takeaway is how Greek advocacy lobbyists have worked to stop governmental efforts to ostensibly make college safer.
"Traditional college fraternities" claim that national hazing
One prominent FratPAC supporter told Bloomberg that "since fraternities and universities have strong anti-hazing policies, federal legislation isn’t needed."
Bloomberg's article also states that FratPAC lobbied against the U.S. Education Department when they tried to broaden the limits for investigating sexual assault.
"[When] the Education Department told colleges to require less evidence before responding to allegations of sexual assault, fraternity leaders were among those who met with department officials to complain that the new policy threatened student rights," Bloomberg reports.
We reached out to FratPAC for comment but have not heard back.
The graph below shows which fraternities and sororities most of FratPAC's funding comes from:
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- IISC joins hands with AIIMS Rishikesh to develop algorithm that can read brain scans to detect epilepsy
- Overlapping symptoms of dengue, Covid-19 confusing in many cases, say doctors
- Sterlite Technologies launches optical solution for 5G rollout
- NASA pushes back Artemis I Moon mission launch to November
- Auto sales jump in September: Maruti reports over a 100% jump in volumes
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World