The Giant iPhone 6 Plus Is Most Popular In Asia
AppLovin looked at data from the more than 25 ad requests it processes every day, and found that the global split between iPhone 6 and 6 Plus users is about 80/20 right now.
But in some Asian countries, the 6 Plus is much more popular.
AppLovin found that 35% of Chinese consumers were picking the 6 Plus instead of the 6, nearly twice the global rate of 20%.
In Japan and Vietnam, adoption rates for the 6 Plus were even higher at 36%. The Philippines showed the most interest in Apple's new phablet with a 37% adoption rate.
South Korea was the only Asian country with an adoption rate below 35% percent. App Lovin found that only 29% of consumers on Samsung's home turf preferred the iPhone 6 Plus.
The giant iPhone's popularity in Asia is surprising given that Japanese consumers were opting for the iPhone 6 over the 6 Plus when both phones came out in September.
On the other hand, the success of Samsung's Galaxy Note says Asian consumers have been waiting for an Apple phablet for some time now.
- The best Netflix alternatives to watch Korean dramas and movies in India
- Gartner predicts opt-out rate for mobile app tracking to decline by 2023 as Apple, Google aim to control it
- Microsoft starts rolling out new Office UI to all users
- OnePlus RT, Moto G200 and more: All upcoming smartphone launches in India in December 2021
- Vim's new ad is a nudge to society to see women beyond archaic roles