The highest-paying majors at 15 of the best-value colleges in the US
While the return on your financial investment shouldn't be your only consideration when deciding on what major to pursue, it's certainly important, especially if you don't want to take out loans you won't be able to pay back.
PayScale helps put all that into better perspective with its recent Return on Investment (ROI) Report.
To compile the report, PayScale analyzed data collected from employees who successfully completed PayScale's employee survey.
To calculate the ROI, PayScale looked at the investment in each college, which includes the cost of attending, as calculated by the cost for a graduate in 2015, on and off campus, and then looked at the 20-year return for each college, which is the expected future income stream. (Click here to read more about the methodology.)
Of the schools that provide the best monetary return for their on-campus students, here are the majors that see the highest 20-year return at each:
Some colleges are not on this list because PayScale only includes those schools for which there is enough data from alumni with a particular major.
- Exposure to coal power plant emissions may be twice as dangerous than previously thought, study finds
- Shipwrecks are now protecting sea turtles, dolphins and other crucial marine creatures from bottom-towed fishing
- Top 10 must-visit destinations in South Africa
- Indian markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Stock markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance