The highest-paying majors at 15 of the best-value colleges in the US
While the return on your financial investment shouldn't be your only consideration when deciding on what major to pursue, it's certainly important, especially if you don't want to take out loans you won't be able to pay back.
PayScale helps put all that into better perspective with its recent Return on Investment (ROI) Report.
To compile the report, PayScale analyzed data collected from employees who successfully completed PayScale's employee survey.
To calculate the ROI, PayScale looked at the investment in each college, which includes the cost of attending, as calculated by the cost for a graduate in 2015, on and off campus, and then looked at the 20-year return for each college, which is the expected future income stream. (Click here to read more about the methodology.)
Of the schools that provide the best monetary return for their on-campus students, here are the majors that see the highest 20-year return at each:
Some colleges are not on this list because PayScale only includes those schools for which there is enough data from alumni with a particular major.
- No crypto ban in India — SEBI will reportedly be pulled in to regulate the sector
- I wore the same outfit for a week, as part of a productivity hack promoted by Steve Jobs — but it didn't really work. After speaking to psychologists, I'm not surprised.
- Maruti cars to cost you more from January next year
- Dell Latitude 7320 Review — A good-looking compact convertible let down by the keyboard
- SaaS firm RateGain’s IPO opens tomorrow — should you invest?
- Global digital advertising accounted for 64.4% of all advertising in 2021, up from 60.5% in 2020: GroupM report
- After Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Maruti Suzuki, now Tata Motors increases price of its vehicles from January
- 44 key areas, a national framework, and a multi-institutional approach — Here's what you need to know about India's new National Blockchain Strategy