The hype around foldable phones has reached a fever pitch - here's every company working on one right now
AP Photo/Eric Risberg
- Foldable phones once seemed like a futuristic idea, but they've become a reality in 2019.
- Major smartphone makers have released or are working on foldable phones, including Samsung, LG, Huawei, and even Lenovo.
- These are all the companies that have explored or taken steps toward creating their own foldable devices.
The hype around foldable phones has reached a fever pitch, and smartphone makers are competing to gain the upper hand as they explore consumer interest in new designs.Just four days after Samsung unveiled their Galaxy Fold, Chinese tech company Huawei showed off its foldable Mate X. Not to mention that Mobile World Congress 2019 is being held this week in Barcelona, a conference where tech companies have teased designs and prototypes for foldable devices that could soon go to market.
Here are the all the companies that are developing foldable phones, and how much progress each of them have made:
- The decision not to have a kid is personal — but the social pressure against the choice is all-pervasive
- K'taka budget will focus on welfare of women & their development: CM
- Global consumer spending on apps to reach $270 billion annually by 2025
- Farmers announce series of Mahapanchayats in March
- Huawei aims to make electric cars later this year