THE IN-STORE CHECKOUT REVOLUTION: How payments companies can take advantage of a $21 billion opportunity
- This is a preview of The In-Store Checkout Report from Business Insider Intelligence.
- 14-Day Risk Free Trial: Get full access to this and all E-Commerce industry research reports.
In The In-Store Checkout Revolution, Business Insider Intelligence forecasts the expansion of autonomous checkout stores and their payments volume over the next five years and looks at the payment flows for the two types of autonomous checkout experiences.We also determine the three approaches payments companies can take to enter the industry, examining the pros and cons of each, and evaluate the major autonomous checkout players that firms should consider mimicking, partnering with, or acquiring. Finally, we cover some best practices for finding success in the developing space.The companies mentioned in this report are: Amazon and Amazon Go, Standard Cognition, JD.com, PayPal, Ingenico, NCR, BingoBox, Zippin, AiFi, Trigo Vision, Shufersal, Zabka, Carrefour, Valora, PALTAC, Walmart, and Caper.
Here are some of the key takeaways from the report:
- The number of stores with autonomous checkout is set to rise from 350 in 2018 to 10,000 by 2024, with their payment volume positioned to jump from under $70 million to over $20 billion - and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
- Adoption of the technology will be driven by the convenience it offers consumers, the savings and revenue it brings retailers, and the technology's eventual ability to scale.
- Payments companies should invest in autonomous checkout now - by developing their own solution, partnering with a third-party provider, or acquiring an established player - to entrench themselves in the emerging industry.
- When evaluating which companies to work with, and how, payments firms should consider each prospect's shopping experience, accepted payment methods, expansion plans, and more.
- No matter how payments companies enter the space or which providers they choose to work with, they'll need to move quickly and emphasize the importance of communication between all parties involved.
In full, the report:
- Forecasts the growth and payments volume of autonomous checkout stores.
- Identifies the key growth drivers behind the projected expansion of autonomous checkout technology.
- Discusses the two types of autonomous checkout stores and their benefits and drawbacks.
- Considers the strengths and weaknesses of the three methods companies can use to get involved in autonomous checkout.
- Examines the major players in the space and their technologies.
- Covers best practices companies interested in getting into the industry should keep in mind.
- Purchase & download the full report from our research store. >> Purchase & Download Now
- Subscribe to a Premium pass to Business Insider Intelligence and gain immediate access to this report and more than 250 other expertly researched reports. As an added bonus, you'll also gain access to all future reports and daily newsletters to ensure you stay ahead of the curve and benefit personally and professionally. >> Learn More Now
The choice is yours. But however you decide to acquire this report, you've given yourself a powerful advantage in your understanding of the rise of autonomous checkout.
- Petrol price in Kerala shoots up from ₹90 to ₹100 a litre in just four months
- There are a few reasons why Zomato wants $8 billion valuation from its IPO -- here's a look at if it makes sense
- Germany adopts $9.6 billion climate protection programme to achieve new climate targets, says Finance Minister
- China's migrating elephant herd travels further south in Eshan county, say authorities
- Iran condemns US' seizure of website domains as an 'attempt to undermine global freedom of expression'