The incredible life of Esmee Gummer, the London fitness trainer who taught herself to walk again
A former dancer, Gummer was about to start a scholarship at a dance college when complications during a hernia operation resulted in a seizure that left her paralysed.
At age 18, a doctor told her that not only would she not be attending dance college, but she would never walk again.
Gummer told Business Insider that by teaching herself to stand, walk, and eventually run, jump and train again, she developed a love for fitness and found her new career.
From teaching herself to walk again to gaining her fitness qualification and being named a Star Trainer by GQ, see her incredible life below.
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A boomer grandma advises on how to set boundaries with millennial kids when it comes to babysitting
- India's best relaxing holiday spots for peaceful retreats
- Inter-ministerial approval board can permit demarcation of non-processing area under IT sector SEZs
- Winter wellness: 10 Amla recipes to embrace this season
- ‘Confident’ Indians might splurge on big-ticket items in 2024
- Tata Power stock zooms ahead after brokerage on upgrade