The incredible life of Esmee Gummer, the London fitness trainer who taught herself to walk again
To meet Esmée Gummer, Head of Fitness and instructor at cult pay-as-you-go London gym 1Rebel, you'd never guess that only seven years ago she was told she would never walk again.
A former dancer, Gummer was about to start a scholarship at a dance college when complications during a hernia operation resulted in a seizure that left her paralysed.
At age 18, a doctor told her that not only would she not be attending dance college, but she would never walk again.
Gummer told Business Insider that by teaching herself to stand, walk, and eventually run, jump and train again, she developed a love for fitness and found her new career.
From teaching herself to walk again to gaining her fitness qualification and being named a Star Trainer by GQ, see her incredible life below.
Popular on BI
- I bought a car wash at 22 years old. It basically runs itself — and I make $5,500 in passive income each month.
- Companies say Elon Musk's plan to charge $1,000 for month for Twitter checkmarks is 'outlandish' and makes them 'meaningless'
- A lawyer who quit to become an OnlyFans performer says she now makes more money and is happier
- Most infidelities committed during honeymoon phase, says survey by extramarital dating app Gleeden
- WhatsApp releases update to fix expiration bug on Android beta
- Deadline to link Aadhaar and PAN extended to 30 June, 2023
- Market regulator SEBI eases FPI onboarding process
- Amid layoff doom, hiring outlook remains strong for blue-collar jobs in manufacturing and services: TeamLease