THE INSURTECH REPORT: How financial technology firms are helping - and disrupting - the nearly $5 trillion insurance industry
The global insurance industry is worth nearly $5 trillion, and insurance companies are at risk of losing a share of this valuable market to new entrants. That's because these legacy players have been even slower to modernize than their counterparts in other financial services industries.This has created an opportunity for a group of firms known as insurtechs. These startups are leveraging new technology and a better understanding of consumer expectations to increase efficiencies in the insurance industry. Some are helping incumbents deliver better end products, while others are directly competing with legacy players.
Here are some of the key takeaways:
- The opportunity is currently biggest in the US and Europe. That's because these regions have large, very mature insurance industries.
- Insurtechs' products and services mostly target retail customers. This includes small businesses and consumers.
- Most insurtechs are acting as enablers. This means that they offer products and services that help insurers and reinsurers improve their processes and better serve customers.
- Of the main players in the insurance industry, brokers are most at risk of disruption. This is because insurtechs can easily replicate their services and are solving historical industry problems faster than legacy players.
- Legacy players are also innovating. In particular, insurers and reinsurers are investing in insurtechs and fintechs working with relevant technologies. At the same time, they are improving their own direct-to-consumer digital interfaces, increasing their disruptive threat to brokers.
- Explains the structure and current state of the insurance market.
- Highlights areas where insurtechs can help legacy players modernize.
- Describes where insurtechs are competing with incumbents and how their models compare.
- Provides case studies of insurtechs.
- Outlines the legacy response.
- And much more.
- Subscribe to an All-Access pass to BI Intelligence and gain immediate access to this report and over 100 other expertly researched reports. As an added bonus, you'll also gain access to all future reports and daily newsletters to ensure you stay ahead of the curve and benefit personally and professionally. >> Learn More Now
- Purchase & download the full report from our research store. >> Purchase & Download Now
- Credit Card Industry and Market
- Mobile Payment Technologies
- Mobile Payments Industry
- Mobile Payment Market, Trends and Adoption
- Credit Card Processing Industry
- List of Credit Card Processing Companies
- List of Credit Card Processing Networks
- List of Payment Gateway Providers
- M-Commerce: Mobile Shopping Trends
- E-Commerce Payment Technologies and Trends
- Notified new policy on rare diseases, approved budget of Rs 25 crore for treatment: Centre to HC
- Former PM Manmohan Singh admitted to AIIMS after testing positive for COVID-19
- If you are 18 years or older, you can get a COVID-19 vaccine from May 1
- India is promoting a new internet protocol— the government is offering help for websites to migrate
- SaaS unicorn Druva, which manages data for NASA, Pfizer, and GameStop, raises $147 million; valuation crosses $2 billion