The IPO window slammed shut in January
So far, 2016 is the worst year for IPO filings since the depths of the Great Recession in 2009.
As this chart from Statista based on data from Renaissance capital shows, only four companies have filed to go public so far in 2016, and all of those filings came in February. Blame a jittery stock market and a growing sense that many tech startups have been overvalued by private investors.
- OYO’s ‘Hockey’ print campaign is winning the internet; there’s a lot more in store, says its head of global brand Mayur Hola
- 77 cases of Indian COVID-19 variant found in the UK
- Karnataka CM Yediyurappa and MP from Punjab Harshmit Kaur Badal test COVID-19 positive
- Pakistan temporarily shuts down social media amid anti-France protests
- Four charts show how COVID-19 vaccines are being distributed in India