The largest number of international migrants are Indians: UN
- As many as 17.5 million international
migrants-- so far the largest -- have Indian origin, says United Nations.
- One-third of the total international migrants are living in 10 countries, with
Indiaplaced at position one for country of origin of international migrants.
- The number of migrants is growing at a faster pace than the world population.
A third of the total international migrants are living in 10 countries, with India at the numero uno position one as the country of origin of these migrants.
According to the
Migrants account for 3.5% of the world's population
The world currently has as many as 272 million migrants. Their numbers are also growing at a rate higher than the world population. In the last nine years (2010-2019), the world added 51 million migrants, registering a 23% increase.
Declining number of international migrants in India
Though the number of Indians living abroad is increasing, migrants who are coming into the country are decreasing. India hosted 5.1 million of migrants in 2019, which is less than 7.5 million in 1990.
India hosts only 0.4% share of the international migrant population from 2010 to 2019.
- Here’s a checklist for international passengers arriving in India from August 8
- Flipkart and Amazon gear up for ‘sale day’ this week - smartphones, laptops, apparels and more come with deep discounts
- Draft defence policy aims to achieve ₹1.75 lakh crore turnover by 2025
- Two-day curfew ordered in Srinagar on August 4 and 5
- SEBI issues procedural guidelines for proxy advisors