The last time a billionaire CEO got divorced without a prenup he wrote a check for $974,790,317.77
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, the world's richest man, announced Wednesday via Twitter that he and his wife, MacKenzie, would divorce.
- It was reported on Thursday the couple do not have a prenuptial agreement.
- One infamous instance of a billionaire going through a divorce without a prenup was Continental Resources CEO Harold Hamm.
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, who is the world's richest man, said Wednesday via Twitter that he and his wife, MacKenzie, planned to divorce after 25 years of marriage.TMZ reported Thursday the Bezoses do not have a prenuptial agreement, citing "sources with direct knowledge" of the matter.
Hamm, the CEO of Continental Resources, was ordered in November of 2014 to pay his ex-wife, Sue Ann Arnall, nearly $1 billion in cash and assets when the couple divorced after 26 years of marriage. At the time, the marital estate was said to be worth $18 billion. There was no prenup.Arnall had sought billions more than the $974,790,317.77 she was awarded. Their case began in 2012, and concluded after two and a half years; the judgement was among the largest-ever in a U.S. divorce. Here's a copy of the handwritten check from Hamm to Arnall:
Still, any final ruling will be for the judge to decide.
- Even if Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos don't split his $137 billion fortune evenly, she still has a chance at becoming the world's richest woman
- MacKenzie Bezos has been part of Amazon lore since before the company began, driving across the US with her husband Jeff as he wrote out his business plan in 1994
- Billionaires Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos may be divorcing, but research suggests the richer people are, the more likely they are to get - and stay - married
- Education, skill, research, innovation second biggest focus of budget after health: PM at webinar on budget provisions for higher education. PTI KR ASK DV DV
- Union Budget has broadened our efforts to link education with employability and entrepreneurial capability:PM Modi at webinar on education. PTI KR ASK DV DV
- India records 14,989 new COVID-19 cases in last 24 hours
- Patient with underlying disease dies after getting AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine in South Korea
- Word-of-mouth has helped us grow in India, our community members are our best marketers: Taru Kapoor, Tinder