The latest version of Android is out now, and it's full of smart changes that make the best smartphone operating system even better
Antonio Villas-Boas/Business Insider
The latest version of Android is available now (on some phones, at least), it costs nothing, and it's a strong step up from the previous version of Google's excellent smartphone operating system.I've been using Android Pie (Android version 9.0) for just shy of 24 hours at this point, and I'm already convinced it's the best version of Google's already best-in-class smartphone software - with a few minor caveats. Advertisement
Get the latest Google stock price here.
First: An unfortunate warning.
Now: The #1 best thing about Android Pie is a lot of smart, subtle changes.Advertisement
2. Removing a crucial photography feature/replacing a crucial photography feature.
3. Changes to how volume is controlled in Android are long overdue, and they're finally here with Android Pie.Advertisement
4. In general, my phone feels slightly faster.
- Reliance Retail raises another ₹1,875 crore as Silver Lake comes back with an additional investment
- India leaves borrowing calendar unchanged — sticks to its ₹12 lakh crore target for the year
- EA Play games will be available with Xbox Game Pass starting November 10
- Indians can now fly to Kenya and Bhutan under the new air bubble agreement, says Aviation Minister Puri
- Centre extends deadline for IT returns filing for 2019-20 to November 30