Reliance Jio, Amazon, PayTM and MakeMyTrip are the most trusted online brands in India
- Amazon dominates user trust when it comes to shopping online, whether it’s for electronics or fashion, coming in ahead of Flipkart.
- For online payments PayTM outdoes Google Pay and PhonePe as the most trusted brand in India.
- Uber and Ola have an equivalent share of user trust at 41%.
Among five categories — e-commerce, online payments, online travel planning, cab hailing and mobile networks that include 76 brands — Reliance Jio, Uber, Amazon, MakeMyTrip and PayTM came out as the most trusted brands in their respective categories.
The overall trend seems to be that users tend to trust global brands when it comes to online shopping or e-commerce but for travelling and making online payments, Indian brands garner greater trust., according to YouGov's survey.
Amazon is the most trusted brand for shopping online when it comes to clothes as well as electronics. It’s lead over its competitors is substantial with 45% of respondents choosing Amazon their most trusted brand for online fashion and 50% voting in favour of the Jeff Bezos’ enterprise for buying gadgets.
Three quarters of the online electronics shopping market is cornered by Amazon and Flipkart with smaller players fighting over the other 25%.
|Most trusted online fashion shopping brands:|
|Most trusted online electronics shopping brands:|
Online travel booking
When it comes to making online bookings for travel, most users — 34% — trust MakeMyTrip with PayTM coming in second. Surprisingly GoIBIBO is only trusted by 6% of users and other portals like Trivago, Booking.com and ClearTrip ranking even lower since they didn’t make it into the top 3.
|Most trusted online travel booking brands:|
PayTM might not be leading when it comes to online travel bookings but it’s the most trusted brand when users are looking to make online payments. This may also be because it has the largest vendor network among its counterparts in the space.
Google Pay, launched just last year, is the second most trusted brand despite its global origins.
|Most trusted online payments booking brands:|
Finding a cab and renting a car
When it comes to booking a cab online Uber, a global company, and Ola, a homegrown cab service, are tied as the most trusted brands — each garnering 41%.
|Most trusted online car hailing and renting brands:|
Lastly, when it comes to choosing a cellular network, Reliance Jio is the most trust network operator in India. The youngest of the three main players in the market — Jio, Airtel and Vodafone Idea — also has the second largest user base in the country with 322.98 million subscribers.
|Most trusted cellular network operators:|
Amazon, Google, and Facebook are the most trusted Internet brands in India
Tata, LIC, Infosys, SBI, and Mahindra are among the top 10 Indian corporate brands
- Bird poop worth $470 million is at risk — could hold the key to saving seabirds across the world
- COVID crashed profit and Pidilite couldn’t fix it— yet
- There are five companies making Favipiravir now — and it is good for supply and prices
- Best 5,000mAh battery smartphones
- India's COVID-19 recovery rate rises to 67.62% and case fatality rate drops to 2.07%