The location of the Apple logo is reportedly changing on the new iPhone 11
Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
- Apple could be changing the position of its logo on the new iPhone 11, which is expected to launch on Tuesday.
- The logo will be shifted down to the center of the back of the iPhone 11, according to Bloomberg; it's usually on the top-third portion.
- The centered logo would show users where to charge their AirPods and Apple Watches, as the iPhone will be capable of wirelessly charging other devices, according to Bloomberg.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The position of Apple's logo could be shifting on the back of the new iPhone 11, expected to be debuted by the company on Tuesday.
The Apple logo will now be positioned on the center of the new iPhone's back, instead of its top third, in order to show users where to place their Apple Watch or AirPods to wirelessly charge, another new feature debuting, according to Bloomberg.
Apple canceled its plans to release its AirPower charging mat in March; the device would have charged iPhones, Apple Watches, and Airpods at the same time. The forthcoming iPhone could be its own sort of charging mat, allowing AirPods and Apple Watches to be laid on the back of the phone to charge, Bloomberg reports.
Apple will make its announcement on Tuesday at 1:00 p.m. ET / 10:00 a.m. PT - Business Insider will be reporting live from the event, click here for the latest.
- I just got laid off from my dream job at Tesla without warning. I feel like my life got uprooted so a billionaire could save some money.
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- SIMPLY PUT: extreme weather is the new normal in India
- Antonia Wade, PwC's global CMO, tells Insider how B2B spending changes in tough economic times
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report
- Best smartphones under ₹40,000 in India