The Macan Turbo is a fire-breathing Porsche sports car in an SUV body
Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
- The Macan compact crossover SUV is the hottest selling model in Porsche's lineup.
- Last year, it accounted for 39% of Porsche's US sales.
- The Turbo with Performance Package is the most expensive version of the Macan on sale.
- Our test car started at $86,445 but cost $96,295 with options.
- The Macan is the best driving crossover SUV we've ever tested.
Porsche. There is no substitute. Regardless of whether or not you're a fan of Tom Cruise's driving in the movie "Risky Business", you've probably heard this tagline.
Fortunately for Porsche, it's got the cars to back it up. After all, the iconic Porsche 911 and its two dozen variants remain the gold standard to which all sports cars are measured.
But what if you need room for five passengers, some extra space for cargo, and additional ground clearance for those snowy days? What if you need the Porsche flavor with a bit of extra practicality?
That's where vehicles like the Macan crossover SUV and its big brother, the Cayenne step into the picture. Together, the dynamic duo accounted for nearly 2/3 of all Porsches sold in the US last year. Even more incredible is the fact that these sales figures were only limited by the pace of Porsche's production and not consumer demand.
Sadly, the all-new second-generation Cayenne won't be around until later this year. But Porsche was able to deliver this stunning sapphire blue metallic Macan Turbo with Performance Package test car for Business Insider to check out.
While the 911 may be Porsche's soul, it can be argued that no car is as important to the company's financial survival right now than the Macan. Last year, the Macan accounted for a whopping 39% of Porsche's sales in the US.
To say the compact crossover has been wildly successful would be an understatement.
The base Macan starts at $47,800 in the US while our Macan Turbo with Performance Package started at $86,445.
With additional options, it left the showroom at $96,295.
Here's a closer look at the Porsche Macan Turbo with Performance Package:
- India’s techies are leaving IT firms in hordes — Here’s why
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- A renowned female crime novelist who won a million-euro prize in Spain turned out to be three middle-aged men
- India’s central bank imposes ₹1 crore penalty on the country’s biggest lender
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Amazon's campaign encourages customers to thank its associates and share their happiness with frontline teams
- Brazilians bought more than $4 billion in cryptocurrencies this year as the country looks to regulate Bitcoin
- If you are a pensioner, you can submit Jeevan Pramaan sitting at home — Here is what you need to do