The man behind the Microsoft Surface admits he made one big mistake when revealing it
In an interview with The Verge, Panay said that "when we [Microsoft] launched the original Surface Pro, people compared it to an iPad, because I didn't frame it." This lead to an unfair comparison. He told Mashable that "the press...grabbed [the Suface] and were like...'look at this, it's thicker, it's heavier.'"
When Microsoft unveiled the Surface Book, the first slide shown - before anything else - was a picture of the Book next to a MacBook Pro, clearly laying out the comparison that the media, and consumers, should make.
Panay also went on to take a dig at the iPad Pro, describing it as "familiar" when compared to the Surface. "The iPad Pro looks like a great product. At the same time it looked familiar. I haven't seen it, I haven't touched it. All I've seen is a launch event, so I've got to reserve my judgment."
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders