The man behind the world’s cheapest smartphone has been arrested for extortion
- Police have arrested a gang of three, including
Mohit Goel, for extorting money.
- The extortion money was to settle a gang rape case.
- An amount of ₹50 million was demanded from the people involved.
A case was lodged by the woman with the Alwar
All the five accused were subsequently arrested.
However, the same businessmen lodged a complaint against their accuser and her two accomplices at the Netaji Subhash Place police station for extortion.The police arrested all three for colluding and trying to take money from the businessmen in return for withdrawing the rape case.
The gang had reportedly made a demand of ₹50 million from the businessman as a fee for settling the case out of courts. On 11 June, the alleged rape victim along with the accused, arrived at the businessman's office to pick up the extortion money where they were apprehended on the spot.
Popular on BI
- 1,330 recognised startups from gaming and related sectors as on Nov 30: Som Parkash
- Sula Vineyards to open IPO next week from Dec 12-14; GMP already at ₹70 per share
- India to add 9 million gig jobs by 2025 says Indeed report
- From Brahmastra to KGF: The most searched movies on Google in 2022 in India
- Adjusted for inflation, policy rate still remains accommodative, says RBI Governor
- Jio Haptik
- Gig jobs
- Sula Vineyards IPO
- Whatsapp tips
- International Roaming Plans
- RBI hikes repo rate
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Most searched movies
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World