The man behind the world’s cheapest smartphone has been arrested for extortion
- Police have arrested a gang of three, including
Mohit Goel, for extorting money.
- The extortion money was to settle a gang rape case.
- An amount of ₹50 million was demanded from the people involved.
A case was lodged by the woman with the Alwar
All the five accused were subsequently arrested.
However, the same businessmen lodged a complaint against their accuser and her two accomplices at the Netaji Subhash Place police station for extortion.The police arrested all three for colluding and trying to take money from the businessmen in return for withdrawing the rape case.
The gang had reportedly made a demand of ₹50 million from the businessman as a fee for settling the case out of courts. On 11 June, the alleged rape victim along with the accused, arrived at the businessman's office to pick up the extortion money where they were apprehended on the spot.
Popular on BI
- Solana, Cardano, Polkadot and others — here’s a quick look at why these crypto tokens are being touted as ‘Ethereum Killers’
- Uber now lets you book rides on WhatsApp in Lucknow — slated to roll out in more Indian cities soon
- Air Pollution Control Day: These are a few simple ways by which you can help the environment
- BYJU's Early Learn App, Disney onboards Olympic medalists Neeraj Chopra and PV Sindhu as its brand ambassadors
- Project Ironman: Leak sheds light on Motorola’s AR glasses with touchpad-bearing neckband and Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset