The man behind the world’s cheapest smartphone has been arrested for extortion
- Police have arrested a gang of three, including
Mohit Goel, for extorting money.
- The extortion money was to settle a gang rape case.
- An amount of ₹50 million was demanded from the people involved.
A case was lodged by the woman with the Alwar
All the five accused were subsequently arrested.
However, the same businessmen lodged a complaint against their accuser and her two accomplices at the Netaji Subhash Place police station for extortion.The police arrested all three for colluding and trying to take money from the businessmen in return for withdrawing the rape case.
The gang had reportedly made a demand of ₹50 million from the businessman as a fee for settling the case out of courts. On 11 June, the alleged rape victim along with the accused, arrived at the businessman's office to pick up the extortion money where they were apprehended on the spot.
- L’Oréal Paris and ambassadors Aditi Rao Hydari, Sobhita Dhulipala, Shakti Mohan and Mithali Raj share their heartfelt gratitude for heroes on International Nurses Day
- This cryptocurrency is valued at $45 billion, and it's just a day old
- India's geo imaging satellite launch delayed due to rising COVID-19 cases
- Gartner report reveals global chip shortage may continue till Q2 2022
- COVID-19: Gurugram, Faridabad and Sonipat districts in Haryana worst hit with new infections