The mysterious new 'Fallout' game is reportedly using the same survival formula that's seen wide success in other online games
There was a time, around four or five years ago, when it seemed the only games that were being released followed the same formula: early access, open-world, and survival. Games like Day Z and Rust exploded almost overnight, and many copycats followed.
The premise of an open-world survival game is relatively simple - you're thrust into a world with other online players, with one goal: survive. There aren't any quests or missions in those games, and the bulk of memorable experiences come from interactions with other players.That's why it's surprising to hear that the next Fallout game is reportedly following a similar formula. Fallout, known for being a single-player role-playing-game experience, is one of developer Bethesda's most successful series. However, Kotaku reports that the next iteration, Fallout 76, will be an open-world survival RPG, heavily inspired by games like Day Z and Rust.
Here's what we know about the next Fallout game, and the games that apparently inspired it:
That brings us to Fallout 76.
The timeline of Fallout 76Advertisement
- After Bihar, now BJP promises free Corona vaccine in MP
- Sanofi, GSK to support COVAX with 200mn doses of Covid-19 vaccine
- Union Minister Smriti Irani tests positive for COVID-19
- Samsung overtakes Xiaomi to retake the smartphone crown in India
- Axis Bank is back in the black as fee collections ramp up and ₹10,000 crore in fund raising cushions the balance sheet