The new $400 Bose 700 wireless noise-cancelling headphones are nearly perfect
Antonio Villas-Boas/Business Insider
- Bose's new 700 Noise Cancelling Headphones are a new, more premium model compared to the company's beloved QuietComfort series.
- They're comfortable, have the best noise cancelling so far, and great battery life.
- The biggest improvement over Bose's previous models is call quality: the Bose 700 cancel out ambient noise not just for you, but for the person you're speaking to, and they can actually hear you clearly in noisy environments.
- They sound great, but the sound might be a little conservative for some, at least when you compare them to the Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones that can offer a more exciting sound.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Bose has released a new line of wireless noise-cancelling headphones that are a cut above the beloved QuietComfort series.Indeed, they come with improved sound, improved noise cancelling, and perhaps most importantly of all, the best phone call quality out of any headphones I've tried. Not only do the Bose 700 cancel out ambient noise for you during a call, but they limit ambient noise for the person you're speaking with, too. Advertisement
As you'd expect, all these improvements come at a premium, but it's not that bad. The Bose 700 cost $400 compared to the incumbent QC35 II, which cost $350. But I wouldn't have been surprised if Bose slapped a $450 price tag on these things.
I had some good, quality time with the Bose 700. Check it out:
It's nice to see a fresh and modern design for Bose headphones.
Sound quality is refined, balanced, conservative, and clear.Advertisement
Bose regains the noise-cancelling crown from its Sony rivals, but for $50 more.
The biggest improvement in these headphones? People on phone calls can actually hear me when I walk around the insanely noisy New York City streets.Advertisement
The Bose 700 are very comfortable.
There are new touch controls, which are fine once you get used to them.Advertisement
One little feature that I love about Bose's recent headphones, and that I think is important, is the ability to use your headphones with more than one device.
Should you buy these things?Advertisement
- Reliance Foundation Young Champs conferred two-star academy status by AFC
- COVID-19: Testing lab in Aurangabad varsity gets ICMR approval
- Nitish Kumar sends swab sample for COVID-19 test
- COVID-19 caused huge demand destruction overseas: Bankers
- Over 6,000 COVID-19 patients in home isolation in Telangana;