The new Apple TV is going to feel a lot more like using an iPhone, report claims
That's because this model will be the first Apple TV to run software that's mostly powered by iOS - the operating system on iPhones and iPads - rather than Apple's custom TV interface, according to 9to5Mac's Mark Gurman.The report says that the new Apple TV will run on a version of iOS 9 that's optimized for TV.
The upcoming model is codenamed J34 and is expected to launch alongside Apple's next iPhone, which is rumored to come at an event next month.In addition to running software that's largely based on that of Apple's iPhone and iPad, the company is also reportedly launching a dedicated App Store for the Apple TV. This means developers will be able to build their own apps for the Apple TV just like they do for Apple's other products.
For months, reports have indicated that the next Apple TV will support Siri and will come with a revamped remote control that supports voice input. It's also expected to come with a slimmer and wider design, more storage space, and a faster processor.We'll know more when Apple holds its next event.
- Airtel's India business is back in the black after a very long time
- Sequoia and PayPal-backed Pine Labs completes a first close of $285 million funding round from new investors
- BJP spent significantly less on advertising during Kerala elections this year, its ad insertions on TV, Radio and Print decreased from 21% in 2016 to 1% in 2021
- Google I/O 2021: Here's what to expect from Google's biggest annual conference
- ISRO announces its decision to share technology to make portable medical oxygen concentrators developed by VSSC