The new Cadillac XT6 SUV proves that Caddy is becoming GM's most important brand
- Cadillac revealed its three-row XT6 luxury SUV at the 2019 Detroit auto show.
- GM's luxury brand is in the midst of a reinvention.
- The Cadillac XT6 will joining the XT4 and XT5 in a lineup of competitive SUVs aimed at BMW, Mercedes, and Audi.
DETROIT - On Sunday, Cadillac revealed the all-new XT6 crossover SUV before media previews officially kicked off at the 2019 Detroit auto show.The much-anticipated three-row SUV proves that Cadillac has, for the moment, become GM's most important brand. That's a good thing, as Caddy has been troubled. The full-size Escalade SUV remains a stalwart, but the rest of the lineup is in the midst of a massive update, shedding underperforming sedans in favor of crossovers.Advertisement
Last week, GM also announced that Cadillac would become GM's lead electric brand. A new platform was showcased at the same time the cover was pulled off the XT6.The new SUV will join the XT4 and the XT5, quickly giving Cadillac a batch of crossovers to challenge BMW, Mercedes, and Audi in the luxury market.
"The first-ever Cadillac XT6 delivers a compelling blend of spaciousness, safety and convenience features for customers who thrive on doing it all," Cadillac president Steve Carlisle said in a statement.
"It joins the all-new XT4, which has soared to the top spot in its segment, our global best-selling XT5 and the iconic Escalade to accelerate the brand's global growth, with a spirit that is uniquely Cadillac."
The XT6 will go on sale later in 2019, for the 2020 model year. Cadillac didn't detail pricing. Two trim options were outlined -Premium Luxury and Sport - and power will come from a 301-horsepower, 3.6-liter V-6 engine paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission. All-wheel-drive will be available, and on the Sport trim, it will feature a twin-clutch connection to the transmission for a brisk dynamic performance.
Audiophiles will relish a new Bose Performance Series sound system, complete with 14 custom-tuned speakers. Connectivity will be consistent with GM's offerings across its brands, the 4G LTE wireless available, along with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
"Every seat is the best seat in the house," Carlisle said of the seven-passenger XT6."From luxurious appointments, comfort and convenience to premium sound and technology features, every passenger gets an optimized experience."Advertisement
- From coffee made out of poop to the one exported from a remote island in the middle of Atlantic Ocean – these are the most expensive coffee in the world
- Lal Bahadur Shastri famous quotes
- Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti 2020: Mahatma Gandhi Famous Quotes
- Reliance Retail raises another ₹1,875 crore as Silver Lake comes back with an additional investment
- India leaves borrowing calendar unchanged — sticks to its ₹12 lakh crore target for the year