The only chart you need to see to know that the US spends more on its military than the next 11 countries combined
In 2015, the US had a defense budget of about $597 billion, according to the International Institute for Strategic Studies' most recent World Military Balance report, released earlier this year.
In short, that's more than the next 11 countries combined.
The following graphic from the institute helps put things in perspective:
World Military Balance 2016
Even China's reported budget of $146 billion - good for second-highest in the world - looks modest next to that of the US.
It's safe to say the incredible funding the Pentagon receives is the driving force behind America's military strength.
- Survey shows people find no improvement in public toilets across country
- Sebi extends deadline for listed cos to confirm or deny market rumours
- Tom Hanks, a dental plan promotion and an AI
- New 'inverse vaccine' shows potential to treat multiple sclerosis, diabetes: Study
- TDP leaders stage hunger strike In Delhi against arrest of Chandrababu Naidu