The Patriots reportedly won't draft controversial Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon
Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon likely has the talent to be a first-round pick in the upcoming NFL Draft, but his history of domestic violence may result in him not being drafted at all.On Monday, the Boston Herald reported that the New England Patriots have removed Mixon from their draft board entirely.
Mixon was suspended for the entire 2014 season after he pleaded guilty to assault. Video released early last month from the 2014 incident showed him punching a woman in the face in a restaurant and leaving while she was still on the ground. The woman, who suffered four fractured bones in her face, is suing him in federal court.As a result, Mixon was not invited to the Draft Combine.
Along with the Patriots, the Miami Dolphins have said there is a "zero percent chance" they draft him.Of course, as we saw with Tyreek Hill last season, Mixon only needs one team to take a chance on him. Hill pleaded guilty to domestic abuse by strangulation, which stemmed from a 2014 instance in which he punched his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach and choked her. The Kansas City Chiefs drafted Hill in the fifth round, and he was one of the most talented rookies in the NFL last season. Because the Patriots are the NFL's gold standard, news that they won't consider him could influence other teams, too. That said, Mixon has reportedly met with the Lions, Bengals, Browns, and Saints.
- Chris Gayle appears four times in the top 10 list of most sixes hit in an IPL match
- Up-close and not so personal with Munnar’s pit vipers, gliding frogs and more
- Haryana government extends lockdown in the state till May 24
- UK's Cairn Energy identifies $70 billion Indian assets for seizing to recover amount due from government
- States to receive nearly 51 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses in next three days, says Union Health Ministry