The PS4's VR headset is almost out - here's everything you get for $400
At over 40 million sold, the PlayStation 4 is the most popular game console in the world.
Sony's betting big on that popularity this holiday with the release of a new, slimmer version of the PlayStation 4, and a more powerful version of the PlayStation 4 (the "Pro").
And that's not all! There's also the $400 PlayStation VR headset that arrives on October 13:
With just a few weeks until launch, Sony's showing off the headset in a new unboxing.
Excluding all the cables in the package, you only need a few things to get started with PlayStation VR:
- The PlayStation VR headset.
- The Processor Unit: a small box that looks like a small PS4, which acts as a middleman between the headset and the PS4 console.
- A small set of stereo earbuds (for use with the VR headset, optionally).
- The 18-game demo disc that comes with every headset.
In the "Core" package, which costs $400, there is no PlayStation Camera. As the PlayStation Camera is required to use the PlayStation VR headset with PlayStation 4, you can either buy one separately or get a $500 bundle.
You might also notice there are no motion controllers in the contents above - those are the PlayStation Move controllers, and they're also sold separately. If you buy the $500 bundle, you get a PlayStation Camera and two PlayStation Move controllers.
Perhaps you already have PlayStation Move controllers leftover from the PlayStation 3, or you scooped some up in anticipation of PS VR? Maybe you've got a PS Camera too? The Core bundle, being shown here, is for you.
PlayStation VR arrives on October 13 - check out the full unboxing right here:
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- New Airtel and Reliance Jio prepaid plans compared
- Mobile accessories company Balaji Solutions files initial papers for public listing
- Ratan Tata launches Goodfellows which helps senior citizens make friends
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala-backed Concord Biotech files for an IPO
- Ather 450X Gen 3 vs Ola S1 vs TVS iQube S – price, specs and features compared