THE ROBO-ADVISING REPORT: Market forecasts, key growth drivers, and how automated asset management will change the advisory industry
Globally, wealth managers were responsible for $74 trillion in assets under management (AUM) in 2014. BI Intelligence forecasts that robo-advisors will manage around 10% of total global assets under management (AUM) by 2020. This equates to around $8 trillion.
In a new report from BI Intelligence, we look at the market for robo-advisory services, the drivers behind consumer adoption of robo-advising, why the robo-advisor market presents an opportunity to traditional wealth management firms, and how startup robo-
advisors can succeed as massive legacy companies begin offering their own services.
Here are some of the key takeaways:
- Large incumbent wealth managers won't lose out to startups like Betterment and Wealthfront. Instead, they are embracing the technology and launching their own products, which are scaling quickly.
- Consumers across all asset classes are receptive to robo-advisors - including the wealthy. 49% of this group would consider investing some of their assets using a robo-advisor.
- The majority of assets managed by robo-advisors will come from people who already have some investments. We estimate that the volume of assets that comes from people who don't currently invest will be less than 1% of the total by 2020.
- Startups are going to find it difficult to scale, and will need to differentiate their products to succeed. They are already doing this by providing white label services to wealth managers, and more customized stand alone solutions.
View all Offers
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 Power (Mighty Black 4GB RAM 64GB Storage) - 6000mAh Battery |FHD+ Screen | 48MP Quad Camera | Alexa Hands-Free Capable₹ 11499₹ 13999Buy On
- 18% OFF
OPPO A55 (Starry Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 15490₹ 18990Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi Note 10S (Shadow Black, 6GB RAM, 64GB Storage) - Super Amoled Display | 64 MP Quad Camera₹ 13999₹ 16999Buy On
- 28% OFF
OPPO A31 (Mystery Black, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 11490₹ 15990Buy On
- 23% OFF
Redmi 9 (Sky Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8499₹ 10999Buy On
In full, the report:
- Provides a forecast for the volume of assets robo-advisors will manage by 2020.
- Highlights the factors that will drive the growth of robo-advisors
- Explains the different types of robo-advisor business model.
- Details the outlook for incumbents and startup robo-advisors in the wealth management industry.
Interested in getting the full report? Here are two ways to access it:
- Subscribe to an All-Access pass to BI Intelligence and gain immediate access to this report and over 100 other expertly researched reports. As an added bonus, you'll also gain access to all future reports and daily newsletters to ensure you stay ahead of the curve and benefit personally and professionally. >> Learn More Now
- Purchase & download the full report from our research store. >> Purchase & Download Now
- Best plastic stool for home in India
- Best wooden stool for living room in India
- PolicyBazaar’s parent to open its ₹5,700 crore IPO on November 1
- Best coffee and tea mugs for your office or home
- WHO may approve Bharat Biotech's Covaxin 'within 24 hours' for emergency use, according to media reports