The San Francisco area is the new fine-dining capital of America - here are the top restaurants
Skye Gould/Business Insider
The San Francisco Bay Area is the new fine-dining capital of America in the eyes of Michelin.The region, which includes San Francisco and wine country, received 55 Michelin stars in the newly-revealed 2018 guide to spots in the Bay Area. The seven three-starred restaurants (the highest accolade) puts the Bay Area ahead of New York's six three-starred establishments and Chicago's three.Advertisement
The Michelin Guide is a restaurant rating system that makes or breaks fine-dining spots around the world. Three stars, in Michelin jargon, means "exceptional cuisine, worth a special journey." San Francisco has no shortage.
The honor may only be temporary. Michelin drops its 2018 guide for New York on Monday.Until then, the Bay Area reigns supreme. Here are the restaurants that earned the illustrious three-star designation from Michelin. Click here to see the complete list.
- Pulse oximeters like 'surakha kavach', have minimised COVID-19 deaths in Delhi: Kejriwal
- After Amitabh and Abhishek, Aishwarya, daughter Aaradhya also test positive for COVID-19
- UP's COVID-19 tally reaches 36,476; death toll rises to 934
- UP's COVID-19 death tally reaches 36,476; death toll rises to 934
- 17 fresh coronavirus cases detected in UP's Muzaffarnagar