The smartphone market just had its second best quarter in history but it wasn't just because of Apple and Samsung
The smartphone market had one of the best quarters ever, reaching near-record-high numbers during the April to June period. While premium brands like Apple are still growing nicely, hundreds of smaller, affordable brands continue to play an important role, accounting for almost half of the market share.According to data from the IDC, charted for us by Statista, the worldwide smartphone market had the second best quarter in history in terms of global shipments, reaching a total of 337.2 million units shipped worldwide. That's up 11.6% from the same quarter of last year.
It's also worth noting that Samsung lost over 3-percentage points in market share, while Apple, Huawei, and Xiaomi all saw incremental increases. The low-end, "Other" brands also slightly dropped its overall share.The report stressed that while the Chinese smartphone manufacturers still lead in the non-premium market, IDC is seeing new brands join the market every quarter and is now tracking over 200 difference smartphone brands globally.
- Best 32-inch monitor in India in 2021
- Delhi government allows reopening of bars, public parks and gardens from Monday
- India to hold two-day BRICS meet on Green Hydrogen initiatives
- SEBI asks PNB Housing to halt ₹4,000 crore preferential issue of shares
- Word Music Day 2021: Importance, history, memorable quotes and how to celebrate it during a pandemic