The Tony Awards show had its highest ratings in 15 years
Hosted by James Corden, Sunday's 70th annual Tony Awards broadcast earned its biggest viewing audience in 15 years, according to Nielsen Research ratings.
A total of 8.78 million viewers tuned into the awards show. That's 35% more than last year's show.
Significantly, the show bounced back from one of its lowest-viewed shows ever. Last year's Tonys attracted 6.46 million total viewers - the fourth-lowest TV audience in the show's history.
Not only that, but it saw huge increases in the audience most desired by advertisers. It was up 60% with people aged between 18 and 49 years old. That's its highest rating in the advertiser demographic in 13 years.
Much of the success of the show can be attributed to the huge buzz surrounding this year's runaway hit, "Hamilton." The hip-hop/historical musical earned a record 16 Tony nominations. It took away 11 wins, including including best musical, leading actor for Leslie Odom Jr., featured actress for Renée Elise Goldsberry, and featured actor for Daveed Diggs.
The only other show that has taken home more Tony trophies is "The Producers," which holds on to its record 12 wins in 2001.
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- Federal Bank is offering internships for fresh graduates — Check out stipend, incentives and other details
- Best AMD desktop processors — which one to buy in India?
- Best AMD Ryzen laptops in India
- Best TVs with HDR support in India
- Bored Ape NFT sells for $2.7 million, making it the most expensive in Yacht Club collection
- Startup salaries have increased over 40% in the last six months
- Indian Employees
- Data Science Job
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- OLA electric scooter
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons